SHIPPING & HANDLING CHARGES
U.S. and INTERNATIONAL
- We ship all orders via PRIORITY MAIL.
- We do NOT ship First Class Mail due to increased labor and materials. The MINIMUM combined Shipping/Handling FEE is $8.20 per package.
- Domestic orders under $100 are automatically insured by USPS. Larger orders will automatically incur an additional insurance amount. You must specifically request us to waive insurance if you do wish this additional fee (usually under $5). We cannot guarantee safe arrival of your order without insurance; if this is a concern, please do NOT waive insurance.
- Unless YOU specifically request and PAY for signature confirmation, we cannot be responsible for non-receipt of your goods if tracking information from the U.S. Post Office indicates it was delivered at the address you provided.
- Our local post office is adamant that flat rate envelopes not be overstuffed; therefore, we will put into a flat rate envelope only what fits and can be sealed shut without tape: 2 to 7 yds. regular weight fabric. Otherwise, we will go to a better mailer for priority mail.
- Shipping charges automatically added to your invoice are ESTIMATES & estimates are based on value. They may be too low if items are on sale or items are bulky.
- Orders over $200 qualify for a 50% discount on shipping--excluding insurance, fuel surcharges, etc. (with the exception of wood & metal products) within the continental United States.
- It is NOT economical for you to have only 1 fat quarter or 1 pattern shipped (for example) due to minimum shipping charges of $8.20. We encourage you to increase your order to make the shipping charges worthwhile.
- If you're concerned with actual shipping costs, visit www.usps.com to get an idea of the charges. Obviously, the weight of your order is a determining factor, but their site will give you an idea. We really do try to ship the least expensive option possible!
We're happy to keep track of backorders; however, shipping & handling charges will apply to all back order shipments. Please check appropriate box on order form to indicate how you'd like us to handle your backorders.
Orders up to $100 are automatically insured with Priority Mail. Additional insurance will be added past that amount if the value of your package exceeds $100. You may request not to add any additional insurance; however, your package will only be insured up to $100 in that case.
Orders: if we have questions about your order we will attempt to contact you by email. If we receive no response following 2 email contact attempts, your order may be cancelled.
PRIORITY MAIL (U.S. & APO/FPO Destinations Only)
- If items are small and few (beads, patterns, etc.), we urge you to add a bit to your order to make it worth the Priority Mail rate, especially since SMALL ORDERS incur a greater handling fee (see above).
- Orders that fit in a flat rate Priority Mail envelope can be shipped for $7.20+ $1.00 handling. Handling fee will be reversed if your merchandise (after discounts) totals more than $30.00.
- 6-7 yds. of fabric usually fit in a Priority Mail envelope without overstuffing. See above.
- If a "rush" is needed on your order, please indicate that and we will contact you via e-mail with shipping costs and delivery options.
- We do not ship via UPS or FedEx.
- We will NOT accept your UPS or other carrier account number to ship. Please don't ask.
- At this time, we cannot estimate your true shipping cost. USPS rate increases effective 1-18-16 are unclear. If you order, we will contact you via email with close-to-actual shipping cost. The actual cost may vary by a few dollars up or down, depending on final packaging weight. You can then decide if you wish to proceed with the order. All international orders will also automatically incur a $1.50 handling fee as we are required to present your package in person to the U.S. Postal Service.
- We are not responsible if Customs returns the package to us. If that occurs, we will refund you the price of the merchandise, but not Shipping/Handling charges.
- See "Notification" policy above.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Please do NOT e-mail your credit card information. Use the SECURE website to order. We have never been hacked in ten years, and your order information is securely locked for 3 months (with access available only to me) after which time, it is burned in our fireplace! NEVER give your credit card information to anyone unless it is you who initiates the call!
- There are certain countries that we are unable to ship to (Nigeria being one of them); we will e-mail you if we cannot ship your order.
- We cannot be held responsible if you do not receive your package. For that reason, insurance is recommended on all shipments.
- Please feel free to call us if you have any questions: 337-277-7576
We are a small business (i.e., we don't have employees able to handle the paperwork involved) and do not accept returns except for manufacturer's defects. We take pride in selling only first quality fabrics, beads, notions and books!
- Due to copyright laws, we absolutely will not accept returns on books or patterns under any circumstances.
- We try to inspect your merchandise carefully for defects before we ship; however, if you feel you've received defective goods, you must CALL us first and obtain a return authorization. Otherwise, we will not accept your return.
You must notify us of a problem within 5 days of receiving your order.
- Fabric that has received authorization to be returned must NOT have been cut, washed or altered in any way & must have come from a smoke-free, pet-free environment. Please--inspect your merchandise as soon as you receive it!!
- Non-fabric items are inspected & packed very carefully before we ship to you. If your item arrives broken or defective, you must contact us within 7 days so that a claim can be processed. If the item is under $15 and you did not request insurance, we are not responsible. Any items accepted for return (unless broken or manufacturer's defect) may be assessed a 10% restocking fee.